Sunday 29 March 2009

Arch of Friendship


Here is my arch for my friend Cynthia's challenge as Guest Designer at Gothic Arches.(Click on the photo for a better view - it's not as dark as that in real life)

The challenge( in her words) was " ‘Inspired by the Rainbow’ Take only two colours from the rainbow (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet), two rubber stamps and a Word of Inspiration’ and create something wonderful in your arch."

I took as my two colours Violet and Indigo. The base card is violet distressed slightly with Distress Ink 'weathered wood' and the stamps used were from a collage set by Butterfly Kisses stamped using Versafine 'Majestic Blue'.

I tinted the rose with a Copic marker and used a Spica pen to put a little glitter on the butterfly wings. The arch was finished off with two torn pieces of iridescent violet vellum and several violet gems. 



25 comments:

  1. Gosh you were quick Ali!! Stunning arch
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I notice they give a clue earlier in the week now on the GA site Ali so well done for getting in early. This is fabulous and of course just my colours. Thanks for playing Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your arch is beautiful.
    Fantastic color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful arch. Violet ist my favourite color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful arch, wonderful colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course I love the little gems on yer gem of a card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful arch art....gorgeous color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ali, This is Wonderful, the gems are a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very excellent outcome, especially with the limited tools you were allowed.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty purples!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely colors and shape, great quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful purple card. I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Ali love the colour.

    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gorgeous color. Gorgeous arch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooooh, these are fantastic colors! I need to try more purple - I am totally inspired by this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous arch, Ali, love the stamp!
    JudyNZ

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful...and my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ali, the arch shape is fantastic and so very beautiful. I love your violet and indigo, and the quote is wonderful. What a perfect saying.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful work, Ali! Striking colors! Lynn F.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your choice of images and colors are beautiful, Ali. Love the violet and indigo together!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful shape and colour.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Striking arch Ali nicely done!
    Happy Creating,
    Aileen~
    otm@outsidethemargins.com
    http://aileensmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog. I do appreciate your comments (usually!)
Ali xx