Sunday 22 March 2009

Bird House


For the challenge at Awfully Big Art Adventure.

This is tiny - 1.5" x 3" - not the right size for a moo or a skinny but that's just how it turned out. The little house is from a stamp set 'Mini Frames' by Invoke cut out and raised from the background with silicone glue and the little bird is from my stash; I've had him for ages waiting for an opportunity to display his bright colours and this seemed ideal.

The background is just me messing around with some inks and making a rather feeble attempt at drawing a tree because where else would a bird house be but in a tree?


13 comments:

  1. Great work Ali - I LOVE your tree and your bright little bird! Thanks for being with us on the ABAA.
    Love
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing feeble about the background. It's very effective. Great little image altogether.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lovely Ali, your tree looks really good and I love the bright coloured bird
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love it Ali!! especially the bird. You must try the puree tube, it will look all creased but flattens out beautifully in the machine -apparently drinks cans are good too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! I love the small size - hummingbird sized :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much talent in that tiny little skinny moo!!! Very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hardly a feeble attempt, it's a lovely tree and just the right shape and design to set the house and precious birdie off to a "T"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your birdhouse is precious and such a lovely birdie too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its lovely Ali! So cute and special (I love small pieces of art).
    There's nothing feeble about it...have faith in yourself!
    Love
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful birdie! and such a lovely size! your kitty daisy looks a bit like my polly!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely Ali...and your tree is brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is so cute, the colours on this little bird are fab, Jaqi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog. I do appreciate your comments (usually!)
Ali xx