Sunday 29 March 2009

Two quick cards




These were made in a bit of a hurry for two nieces (sisters) whose birthdays are next Friday and Sunday. I thought I had ages to make them and the family then decided to have a birthday tea this afternoon so I had to get a move on! Now it's been decided that the celebration will be next Saturday but the cards are made anyway and here they are.

The black glossy one was made with fancy card from a kit by Kanban bought from QVC last week and the teal and white one was paper from a set by SEI bought at the same time from the same place.

For the black one which is for the 15 year old I added a topper also by Kanban and some toning organza ribbon from my stash; and for the other one, who will be 19, I cut down the poppy paper to show the card itself and embellished it with lots of little blue pearls. I hope they'll like them - it'll probably help that I'm putting money inside them!!!


6 comments:

  1. I'm sure the girls will love their cards. For me, it's the teal one. Very elegant and beautiful.(Wish I was rising 19 too.)
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one with the blue pearls the best!!! They are both great, and who doesn't love money in a card!

    I loved Benny Hill. He used to be on U.S. Television late at night when I was little. I remember getting up to watch him when mom and dad would be playing cards late with company. I loved when they would smack pies on girls butts. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Money goes with ANYTHING!

    I love both cards, totally different in feel and style, each unique like the recipeients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure they will love them... thank goodness you remembered in time!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them both Ali, but I think the teal one has the edge. I am sure they will be very well received
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how I missed these Ali - they're lovely and I'm sure your nieces will be thrilled
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog. I do appreciate your comments (usually!)
Ali xx